Information about entering Slovakia #
- Ukranian refugees are welcome in Slovakia. If an arriving person does not possess a biometric travel passport, they will be allowed to enter also with a travel passport without biometric data, ID or driving licence as well. If the person is not carrying any identification document, they can request international protection in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- Persons fleeing from a war conflict are entitled to a temporary stay up to 90 days. However, they may, upon the entry into the Slovak Republic territory or later, request international protection and on the basis of already approved amendment of the Act on Asylum and after the decision of the Slovak Government or ask for a temporary place of refuge. If they are granted international protection (asylum or subsidiary protection) or also temporary place of refuge, their status will not change, and limit of 90 days will not be applied.
- Persons entering into the Slovak Republic territory from Ukraine, are not obliged to undergo quarantine as provided by the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic.
- In case of a higher number of refugees, the Government has prepared accommodation facilities. Volunteers and organizations are reaching out offering accommodation, possibilities in the Slovak Republic are increasing.
- The Fire and Rescue Force have built a temporary emergency camp in the area of their local unit in Humenné, equipped with approximately 30 tents with camp beds, mats and sleeping bags, heating, and lighting. A huge canteen tent and containers with hygienic utensils. Its capacity is 500 persons.
- The Slovak railway company (Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko) has introduced free travel in InterCity trains for the citizens of Ukraine carrying a valid passport.
- Free suburban bus travel for the citizens of Ukraine has been introduced in some regions, particularly, Bratislava and Trnava.
Border crossing points #
3 Border crossings are fully working:
The Ministry of Interior has established so called hotspots in Ulíč, Ubľa, Vyšné Nemecké, Veľké Slemence and Čierna nad Tisou. Persons coming without travel documents will be registered at hotspots. Soldiers will be assisting the Police Force members with registration.