Information about entering Hungary #
- Refugees from Ukraine will be granted temporary protection under a section of the asylum law. This applies to all Ukrainian citizens coming from the territory of Ukraine and to third-country nationals legally residing in Ukraine.
- Documents are needed for asylum, however, in case you don’t have any documents with you, it can still be possible to receive asylum.
- People fleeing from Ukraine can be accommodated in a reception centre (refugee camp), where they are provided with food and medical care.
- Refugees are entitled to housing in a reception centre (refugee camp), health care, education for children and a monthly cash allowance for the whole duration of their protection. To be able to work, people with a temporary protection status must apply for a special work permit.
- Pets of Ukranians do not need documentation to enter.
Border crossing points #